How to Repair Your LG Phone USB Charging Port
How to repair the USB charging port on an LG phone
Follow these directions to remove lint from your LG phone charging port:
1. Turn off your LG phone and disconnect the charging cable
|Read Our Mail-In Phone Repair Breakdown: How it works & what it costs|
2. Peer into the USB charging port and notice the small contact card the charging cable jack connects to
3. Use a small needle to gently and slowly swipe the space between the contact card and the USB port walls
4. Gently pull the needle out of the USB port as you go, removing lint along the way
5. Continue until all the lint is removed; now, your LG phone cable should be able to make a solid connection and your phone should charge properly
NOTE: Do not damage the contact card when you’re swiping around it with the needle. Attempt this repair at your own risk. If this method does not work, you may need to replace your charging cable or USB charging port.
Watch this YouTube video to see how to use a needle to remove the lint from your LG phone charging port.
Next: Should You Repair or Replace Your Cracked Screen iPhone?