BuyBackWorld Review: Trust or Not?
Can you trust selling your used stuff to BuyBackWorld? Find out in our BuyBackWorld review!
What they buy
- Cell phones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, etc.)
- Tablets & iPads
- iPods & MP3 players
- MacBooks & laptops
- Apple desktops
- Smartwatches, Apple Watches & wearables
- Apple TV
- Apple accessories (HomePod, Pencil, Airport Router, etc.)
- Cameras, video cameras & camera lenses
- GPS devices
- PDA devices
- Gaming consoles & video games
- Media players
- Home automation devices
- Gift cards
BuyBackWorld buys more than 30,000 different products between 25 categories. They also provide custom quotes for products not listed on their site.
How BuyBackWorld works
- Search or browse for your device and answer a few questions about its capacity, carrier and condition (if applicable)
- BuyBackWorld will give you an instant offer. Accept the offer, and you can either print a free shipping label or request a free shipping kit, which includes a label, box and packing materials
- Package and ship your device via USPS
- BuyBackWorld pays via your choice of check, direct deposit, PayPal, prepaid debit card or BuyBackWorld gift card within 2 days of receiving and inspecting your device (you can get an extra 5% in trade-in value if you choose the gift card option)
Note that BuyBackWorld also buys devices in bulk. Prices are locked in for 30 days, so you have a month to ship your items after you receive a quote. If BuyBackWorld finds your phone to be in a different condition than you specified, they’ll submit a revised quote. If you reject the quote, they’ll ship your device back free-of-charge.
BuyBackWorld earns an 8.41 out of 10 on Reseller Ratings, where 81% of reviewers give the company 5 stars. Reviewers champion BuyBackWorld for its high payouts, quick payments and a smooth selling experience.
Trustpilot’s independent reviewers give BuyBackWorld a 7.3 out of 10 rating, which averages to a 4-star review. More than 60% of reviewers say the company is “excellent.”
Roger Fingas writes: “BuyBackWorld has been a fixture in our Trade-In Payout Guide for several years… once BuyBackWorld receives and inspects your old device, the company will issue payment.”
CNET writes: “BuyBackWorld is somewhat unique in the breadth of items it will take as trade-ins…. I like it when trade-in vendors send a shipping kit with a label and box, so BuyBackWorld picked up points for that. I liked its 30-day guarantee on price quotes.”
BuyBackWorld is a Flipsy Trust Verified Store, which means we’ve thoroughly vetted the company to ensure it pays fast, offers excellent customer support and has a history of positive reviews from independent sources.
Like all Trust Verified Stores, that means you can trust BuyBackWorld to offer a quick, easy and profitable selling experience.
Next: T-Mobile Phone Insurance: What It Covers, What It Doesn’t