Neglected Phones at High Risk for Low Worth
With Apple expected to ship up to 70 million iPhones over the holiday season, Flipsy.com reminds everyone that neglecting old phones comes at a high cost.
- More than 125 million unused devices (worth $33 billion) are discarded in drawers across America
- 80% of Americans have never sold an old phone, costing an average of $265 in unclaimed funds per household
- Waiting to sell is costly: phones can lose up to 15 to 40% of their values just weeks after new flagships are released. That can amount to $200 or more
- 130 million phones are thrown away annually, contributing to the e-waste epidemic that accounts for 70% of landfill toxins
- Abandoned phones long for new life, as millions seek access to reliable, higher-end tech at lower price points. 26% of low-income households depend solely on phones for Internet access for work, school and healthcare
You can help. Give your old phone the new life it deserves at Flipsy.com.
Related Help> The latest iPhone for two lattes a month? > Where to get the most for your phone > Where to sell your broken phone > Can you trade in a prepaid phone? > How to recycle your phone
Next: MVNO Carriers Compared: Find the Best MVNO Plan for You