AT&T Trade-In Program Review: Good Deal or Not?
Flipsy.com gives you the lowdown on AT&T’s trade-in program and compares it to other buyback options
How does AT&T’s trade-in program stack up to other trade-in options? Let’s take a look!
Is the AT&T trade-in program a good deal?
Let’s start by comparing how much AT&T will pay for some popular phones versus trade-in offers found on Flipsy.com (as of 3/1/2018).
|iPhone 8 Plus (Verizon 64GB Gray)||$383 credit||$557 cash|
|iPhone 8 (AT&T 64GB Gray)||$300 credit||$411 cash|
|iPhone 7 Plus (Sprint 32GB Black)||$300 credit||$333 cash|
|iPhone 7 (T-Mobile 32GB Black)||$200 credit||$296 cash|
|Galaxy S8 Plus (Verizon 64GB Black)||$230 credit||$370 cash|
|Galaxy S8 (AT&T 64GB Black)||$210 credit||$316 cash|
|Galaxy S7 Edge (Sprint 32GB Black)||$100 credit||$188 cash|
|Galaxy S7 (T-Mobile 32GB Black)||$70 credit||$167 cash|
|Phone not listed? Find your exact phone on AT&T’s trade-in program page, then compare it to offers on Flipsy.com|
As you can see, AT&T is not the highest-paying option. In our comparison, AT&T paid an average of 38% less than Flipsy vendors.
In addition, AT&T only pays in store credit – not cash – so you must spend your money with AT&T. Flipsy vendors offer cash payouts, so you’re free to spend your money wherever and however you’d like.
How the AT&T trade-in program works
Start by visiting AT&T’s trade-in page, then:
- Search or browse for your phone
- Answer a few questions about its condition, and AT&T will present you with an offer
- If you accept the offer, AT&T will send you a prepaid shipping kit within 5 to 7 days
- Pack your phone in the shipping kit and return it within 30 days
- Once AT&T receives your phone and verifies its condition, you will receive an AT&T Promotion Card credited with your phone’s value within two weeks
With lower payouts limited to store credit, AT&T does not offer the best deal for used phones. If you want more money – in cash – it literally pays to check Flipsy first.
Next: Microsoft Surface Pro 5 – Available Date, Specs, Rumors, Price, and More